Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Nestle Chocolate Bread


For my first post of the New Year, I thought I would share a recipe that I just tried for the first time EVER and it was DELICIOUS! I was looking on Pinterest for a bread with ingredients I had on hand to give as a gift to a friend I was going to visit. You can find it straight from the Nestle Toll house site, but I first found it via Pinterest on A Daily Dose of Toni. These directions are modified in accordance to how I made it. I haven't shared a recipe in a long time, so it's long over-due. Enjoy!

Delicious Chocolate Quick Bread

Ingredients:                                                                                                          Preheat oven to 350 
1-1/2 C. all-purpose flour
1/2 C Cocoa
1/2 tsp. Salt
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 C softened butter
1 C Sugar
2 Lg. eggs
1 C buttermilk or sour milk (1C milk to 2tsp. vinegar)
1/2 C chopped pecans, divided (opt)
1/4 C Semi-sweet chocolate mini morsels
Mix dry ingredients in separate bowl. Mix Sugar and butter til creamy and add eggs and milk. Sift in dry ingredients and mix. Add chocolate mini morsels. Pour in greased pan and bake at 350 for 20 min. Top with pecans and mini morsels as desired, bake another 30-35 min. Let cool before cutting. Serve with chocolate honey butter.

Chocolate Honey Butter:
Microwave 1/2 C. semi-sweet mini morsels in small bowl (uncovered) on high for 30 seconds. Stir. Morsels may still retain shape. If necessary, microwave an additional 10-15 second intervals until melted.  DO NOT OVER HEAT! Let cool and beat with 1 stick (1/2C) butter and 2 Tbs. honey in small mixer until fluffy. Makes 1 cup. ENJOY

No comments:

Post a Comment